Increase the Bar: High-quality Wine Pairings for Hawaii Meals & Wine Competition Occasions
Posted: 11/13/2020 / 4:04 PM HSTUpdated: Nov. 13, 2020 / 4:04 p.m. HST
Honolulu (KHON2) – Fine wine will delight guests for the final dinner for the 10th annual Hawaii Food & Wine Festival.
Christopher Ramelb, director of winemaking at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits in Hawaii, spoke about the task of making pairings for courses with foie gras from chefs Michael Ginor of Lola in New York and Shaymus Alwin, head chef of La Vie by G. Lion, HFWF showed culinary talent for duck, duck, goose and cupid: A tribute to Ed Morita on Sunday, November 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
“It’s great to be one of the first to see the menu – which always looks great – and to be able to help shape the attendees’ experience,” says Ramelb.
The wines are:
* Reinhold haar, Piesporter Goldtröpfchen Riesling Kabinett, Mosel, Germany
* Marc Hébrart, “Cuvée de Réserve” Brut, Mareuil-Sur-Ay, Champagne, NV
* Joseph Drouhin, Premier Cru of Chambolle-Musigny, Côte de Nuits, Burgundy, France 2014
* Noré from Domaine Gros, Bandol Red “Cuvée Antoinette”, Provence, France 2010
* Briada by Giacomo Bologna, Brachetto d’Acqui, DOCG Piedmont, Italy 2019
There are a few tables left, but sales close tonight (Friday November 13th) at midnight! You can get your tickets on the festival website: hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com.
Tickets & further information: https://hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com/
Social Media Handles: Insta / Twitter: IG @masterisksomm